Monday, March 31, 2008

Welcome to MaLao's Little Corner...


31st March 2008 – Today is MaLao’s first day start blogging with this blog. Wowww… what shall I say… hmmmm… yeah, this is actually not the first time I involved in blogging but I was actually used to blog since 2 – 3 years ago with others username. I was once active (and now less active) with Yahoo, Multiply or even Blogger! Those accounts are still in active (I think so… LOL) but I just simply to create another new account and a new username, just… well, another ‘new life’, perhaps!

This blog should be more in sentimental value to me! What I mean is that, I might write with something ‘personal’ (I believe – a main ‘motive’, perhaps) anyhow, I believe, I can gets along well with this new toy of mine in this cyber world!

I purposely choose today to start this blog because today is a VERY SPECIAL DAY to me… hmmmm… please don’t ask me what so special!! Those who know me and who know the actual of me should know! Lets this little date, be a little secret of me! LOL…

About MaLao

I heard you… yeah, you are right! MaLao is not my real name. Anyway, you can just call me MaLao… I am fine with it. There are two meanings of this name. Oh yeah, actually, I just thought of this name last night when I was wondering what type of user name to use for this blog. Maybe with the blessing of blackout last night, I got the idea of “MaLao” to be used here – today!

I am actually a Malaysian Chinese and currently staying in Vientiane, Laos. I have been here since 1998, means about ten years! Vientiane, already be my ‘second home’ where I only spend less then a month each year back to my home town. I am more adopted with the environment here comparing to my own country, Malaysia. I am still a Malaysia.

When I was a little, my parents used to call me a nick name. We are Chinese Cantonese and we spoke Cantonese at home. As a kid, I am very naughty (not only very, but very very very naughty!!) So, my parents used to call me “Monkey” which means “Malau” or “Malao” if translated from Cantonese. Therefore, this is the first reason why “Malao” been choosen as my blog name.

The second reason is, MA is also representing the first 2 character of my country MALAYSIA and LAO of course you might thought of, which means LAOS, the country where I am situating now. So, with the combination of the two reasons as the above mentioned, therefore, MaLao is my selection for this blog sign-in name! Any comments…?? Hehehe…

OK, not going to write much for this time, as just make the stone rolling, and I will back with some stories of here and there to share around…

Breakfast time… shall I go now? Yeah… have a nice day of the week to you…

No comments: